What’s Happening at PHW? I’ll Tell Ya!
Thursday, April 21st, 2011
‘Bout to make coffee
Agenda: talk about Hat Camp, touch on a new article being written, discuss latest PHW event on May 1st.
So every year the Millinery Artisan Guild puts on a 2-3 day event called Hat Camp. It’s usually hosted in a millinery shop, this year it was at Pinkham Millinery, in Portland, Oregon. It was the geekiest two days I’ve ever spent, and I couldn’t be happier. A whole room of people who also believed that what is on your head is extremely important. We talked about suppliers, what’s happening in hat trends, wholesaling and consigning, and so much more. The next day various artisans did demonstrations, how to block a hat, how to make plastic hat molds, etc. Lots of fun. I didn’t get amazing pictures, but here’s what I got:
All in all a great experience that I hope to repeat with more of the Pauls next year.
Check it out, it talks about our Guerrilla marketing schemes. Gotta love not spending any money on advertising….
And last, but maybe most important, we’re finally having another event at our store!
You’re Invited To: Moustache Mish-Mash- A Celebration of New Growths!
* Collaboration with local woodworking artisans Joe and Jon from Anzfer Farms to make a giant 7×7 hat hook grid and hat hooks.
* Consignment expansion at the Hound, a haberdashery downtown that’s been around for over 30 years.
* Consignment expansion at the Common, a new store in the Mission started by the young men who created Taylor Stitch.
* Fashion show collaboration with B*Spoke Tailor.
* Last but not least, a documentary that was made about us by a group who call themselves “It Donned On Me” for the International Documentary Challenge, the video made it to the finalists and will be screened in Toronto this very day, as we simultaneously screen it here in San Francisco at PHW!
When: Sunday, May 1st, 2011! 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Where: Paul’s Hat Works of course! 6128 Geary Blvd. San Fran!
Who: The Pauls, representatives from Anzfer Farms (the visionary young men who built our new 7×7 hat hook grid), and others who have been a part of our recent growths and expansions, and YOU!
What: Wine, moustache wearing (a competition will ensue), meet and greet the other locals that we’re now working with, check out the new hats that are coming out of our A.W.O.K.e. green line, take a gander at the fabulous 7X7 hat grid, buy a Moustache May t-shirt with your favorite character, and finally, be the first to see the innovative and brilliant documentary about the 4 Pauls!
What to bring: Your moustache, hat, and a salad. Spring shoots, spring greens, spring growths, bring a salad of any sort to share and/or libations!
See you there!
~ Abbie (Paul 2), Wendy (Paul 3), Olivia (Paul 1), Kirsten (Paul 4)